Students develop as creative, complex thinkers, effective communicators, reflective and independent learners and participants in an interdependent world as they study and participate in various dance contexts, genres and styles – Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Broadway, Latin, Lyrical, Ballet, Tap & Cultural. Students learn to choreograph, perform and appreciate danceworks. Through choreography and performance, students engage in problem solving and critical reflection in individual and group circumstances. Through choreography, students explore, manipulate, integrate and structure movement to reflect an intent which may be to create meaning, express personal or social ideas.
OPPORTUNITIES & FACILITIES
- Purpose-built classrooms and performance areas
- 9m x 10m stage, fully equipped lighting and sound
- Dance Camp, Workshops with MAD, RAW, Expressions Dance, Qld Ballet, Movie World, Live Productions, Qpac and many more.
- Competitions include: Maryborough Dance Eisteddfod, GTB, Showcase Dance Championship and Rumble.
- Performance Showcase at Riverside – all assessment items, competition pieces, private studio and solo/duo items are performed to a live crowd.